BTS Seeks Assistant Director of Affinity Programs and Cause Marketing.
The Behind the Scenes Foundation is seeking an Assistant Director of Affinity Programs and Cause Marketing. This position is primarily responsible for the strategic planning, development, and growth of an affinity based fundraising program as well as the Pledge-of-Support cause marketing program. The position is responsible for utilizing best practices of volunteer management to expand peer-to-peer fundraising and for creating strategies to increase the donor participation rate. The Assistant Director will partner with the Executive Director of Behind the Scenes to ensure fundraising strategies are aligned with the mission and goals of the charity.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years fundraising, donor relations, and/or equivalent experience in related fields.
- Demonstrated success working with volunteers is required.
- Experience working with affinity giving is ideal.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary.
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of the entertainment industry is required.
- Capable of articulating a persuasive, enthusiastic case for support.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Ability to travel to various industry conferences, meetings, and trade shows.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Knowledge of Word Press, InDesign, Photoshop a plus.
- Social media content management experience required.
Affinity Fundraising Groups (Ghostlight Groups)
- Responsible for executing affinity based fundraising strategies for the Behind the Scenes Foundation. This includes developing a strategy for volunteer participation, helping to create or expand affinity groups, drafting appeal language, setting up giving forms or campaign web pages, and guiding and supporting crowdfunding or other fundraising efforts specific to each affinity group.
- Set annual goals and objectives for affinity fundraising in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Track and evaluate affinity fundraising metrics and report statistics regularly.
- Recruit and manage affinity fundraising volunteers and create volunteer resources as needed.
- Create goals and robust solicitation strategy that engages all affinity groups.
- Develop appeal language, campaign page/giving forms, volunteer resources and other items as needed to achieve goals.
Cause Marketing (Pledge-of-Support)
- Responsible for supporting cause marketing fundraising strategies for the Behind the Scenes Foundation. This includes helping to create or expand opportunities for engagement with corporations, businesses, or individuals in the entertainment industry to support the charity though sales from a portion of a product or service.
- Set annual goals and objectives for cause marketing objectives in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Work industry events and trade shows and engage with industry professionals in expanding opportunities for giving.
- Contribute to other initiatives and priorities when opportunities arise.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: $60-$75K. Excellent benefits package.
The position requires periodic travel to conferences, trade shows, and other Foundation related activities and events to advance the work of the Foundation. Otherwise, the hours can be flexible, and candidates are able to work from home from anywhere in the country.
Behind the Scenes Foundation
Established in 2005, the Behind the Scenes Foundation provides entertainment technology professionals, or their immediate dependent family, who are seriously ill or injured with grants that may be used for basic living and medical expenses. The BTS Counseling Fund provides early access to mental health and addiction counseling by assisting with the associated financial burdens. Our Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Initiative provides tools and resources to support entertainment industry workers and promote mental health and psychological safety.
The Foundation is currently staffed with an Executive Director, an active volunteer Board of Directors and Mental Health Initiative Steering Committee, and a network of committed volunteers. The organization will be embarking on a new Affinity Fundraising campaign and is therefore poised for growth. This creates an extraordinary opportunity for the right candidate to become engaged in the future of the Foundation.
Behind the Scenes will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of candidates on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. Behind the Scenes is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable accommodation in its application process to individuals with disabilities that request such accommodations.