Entertainment technology professionals may be eligible for a grant who:
- Are seriously ill or injured (if you are applying because you have Covid-19 you must show proof of hospitalization)
- Currently reside in the US or Canada, and
- Have earned your living for at least five years in the entertainment technology industry.
This means that your major source of income is from your work in this industry, which includes being directly involved with a production-related craft:
- Behind the scenes in any type of performance venue, or
- Behind the camera, or
- On the road, or
- Work for companies who are directly involved in supplying entertainment technology products and services such as dealers, manufacturers, production companies, consultants, and design firms.
You do not need to be currently working in the industry as long as your time out of the industry is less than the total time you worked in the industry, unless you are retired or on permanent disability.
- Have an immediate, dependent family member such as a spouse/partner or dependent (minor) child who is seriously ill or injured.
Performing artists are not eligible.
Final determination of eligibility is at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors of the Behind the Scenes Foundation.