If you are reading this, you already know that something needs to change. You, the people you care about, the people you work with, may be suffering. Deadlines, stress, working conditions, fatigue, culture, job and income insecurity leave us all vulnerable to poorer physical and emotional health. You are not alone; support is available and by sharing information about this initiative you can help others. Behind the Scenes, individuals and other organizations have come together to create this initiative, but it is only the start.
We need your help:
- We need you to share this information
- We need you to let people know that it’s ok to talk about it
- We need you to let people know that it’s ok to ask for help
Here are some idea to get you started:
- Share theses links and resources, with friends, colleagues, managers, venues, anyone who can help, or use some help.
- Post information on notice boards at work.
- Assess potential mental health risks as part of your health & safety risk assessment. It’s not as daunting as it may seem, your production schedule can help you look for long hours, time crunches – the kind of things that might increase someone’s anxiety or stress level. Identifying the risks is the first step to mitigating them.
- Talk about it at your safety briefings or tool box talks. It doesn’t need to become a therapy session. Acknowledging, honestly, that it’s going to be a long stressful day can improve team resilience. Make it ok to talk about stress and anxiety, let people know about the help available to them.
- Talk about it, share your stories (if you feel able to). If you can’t, try not to beat yourself up, it’s ok, focus on what you can do, however small.
- Make space for yourself; it’s ok to take a minute, you don’t have to tell anyone why.
- Send us your ideas – [email protected].